Skip to content

ADNOC and G42 are preparing to launch an exciting initial public offering for innovative company AIQ!


DUBAI: ADNOC and G42 deal with AIQ’s attainable IPO

Abu Dhabi Nationwide Oil Firm (ADNOC) and Abu Dhabi-based synthetic intelligence company G42 are in preliminary talks for a doable preliminary public providing (IPO) of AIQ, their three-way partnership consultancy. Two sources accustomed to the matter revealed this data to Reuters on June 22.

AIQ improves processes and can improve profitability

ADNOC holds a 60% majority stake in AIQ, with G42 holding the remaining 40%. AIQ leverages synthetic intelligence and machine analysis science to optimize processes, enhance scheduling, and improve profitability for ADNOC and the broader oil and gasoline enterprise.

Discover the hazard of a preliminary public providing

The sources mentioned that the opportunity of taking AIQ public later this 12 months is being thought-about. Nonetheless, they’ve most popular to stay nameless because the matter has not but been made public.

Are you coping with clients from everywhere in the world or within the home market?

AIQ Possession Events is presently concerned in discussions about whether or not or to not place the IPO as a worldwide transaction or simply put up for sale for house patrons.

Appointment of the final financial director

In accordance with sources, AIQ lately named Youssef Salem, a veteran monetary banker, as its chief monetary officer. Salem beforehand labored at Moelis & Co for 5 years and held quite a few positions on the US boutique monetary establishment via 2021. He subsequently served as a senior exterior advisor to the monetary establishment via April of this 12 months.

Stakeholder response

ADNOC, accountable for supplying practically 3% of world oil demand, has chosen to not escalate the problem. Equally, G42, which is backed by state-run Abu Dhabi Mubadala Funding Co, AIQ and Salem, has not responded to requests for remark at the moment.

Rise of AI firms within the US market

AI firms have performed a significant function within the fairness rally seen within the US market this 12 months. Microsoft Corp’s funding of OpenAI, proprietor of ChatGPT, a chatbot that may present human-like responses to potential clients, was one of many many drivers of this progress.

G42 and its influential administration

G42 is a part of the enterprise empire overseen by Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed al-Nahyan, who’s its chairman. Sheikh Tahnoon can also be the UAE’s Nationwide Safety Advisor and has been actively concerned in worldwide political affairs as an issue solver for his brother, President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan.

Earlier profitable IPO of ADNOC

In 2017, ADNOC launched into the floating parts of its firms, marking a significant milestone. In March, the corporate successfully took its gasoline enterprise public, attaining a hefty $2.5 billion capital elevate. The preliminary public providing was acknowledged as the most important on the earth in the course of the first quarter of that 12 months.

as for the creator

Hadeel Al Sayegh is accountable for reporting this progress, whereas Stephen Coates is accountable for article enchancment.

Thomson Reuters Ideas of Notion

The article adheres to Thomson Reuters Notion Ideas, which ensures accuracy, equity and transparency in reporting.

Frequent questions

What’s AIQ?

AIQ is a tripartite partnership experience agency owned by Abu Dhabi Nationwide Oil Agency (ADNOC) and G42. Use synthetic intelligence and mechanical analysis to drive processes and profitability throughout the oil and fuel business.

Will ADNOC and G42 make AIQ public?

There are discussions between ADNOC and G42 about the opportunity of launching an IPO for AIQ. Nonetheless, no official announcement concerning the IPO has been made.

Who is sort of each AIQ proprietor?

ADNOC holds a 60% majority stake in AIQ, with G42 holding the remaining 40%.

Who’s AIQ’s latest Chief Financial Officer (CFO)?

Youssef Salem, a veteran financial banker, has been appointed Chief Financial Officer of AIQ. He beforehand labored at Moelis & Co and held numerous positions on the US boutique monetary establishment.

What’s G42’s connection to the UAE administration?

G42 is a part of the enterprise empire overseen by Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed al-Nahyan, who’s its chairman. Sheikh Tahnoon is the UAE’s Nationwide Safety Advisor and has been concerned in issues with world politics.

What fully completely different firms has ADNOC taken public?

ADNOC started promoting components of its firms in 2017. In March, the corporate efficiently listed its gasoline firm and raised $2.5 billion, making it the world’s largest preliminary public providing within the first quarter of that 12 months. ’12 months. .


The potential preliminary public providing of AIQ, the tripartite advisory agency of ADNOC and G42, highlights the rising significance of synthetic intelligence and machine studying in oil and gasoline buying and selling. As discussions progress and promoting methods are explored, it stays to be seen whether or not AIQ shall be positioned as a worldwide transaction or absolutely marketed to house patrons. The appointment of Youssef Salem as CFO additional underscores AIQ’s dedication to attaining its progress ambitions. General, this enchancment is consistent with the broader progress of AI firms taking part in a key function in trustworthy markets, as demonstrated by Microsoft Corp.’s funding into OpenAI. With the influential G42 stewardship and registration ADNOC’s comfort with IPOs, AIQ’s potential IPO represents a milestone within the progress of the UAE information sector.

For extra data, see this hyperlink


To entry extra data, kindly confer with the next link